Saturday, January 17, 2009

Melissa Mang-First Day Jitters


Today was our first match of the Spring! We played a mock dual match meaning we played two teams- Tennessee in singles and then Vanderbilt in doubles. Everyone seemed a little nervous and there were some tough matches but overall we did really great- sometimes the hardest part is just getting through that first day. My match went 7-6, 7-5 but it definitely should not have been that close- I let a few key game points slip away, giving her more momentum. My serve carried me through the match though, giving me a lot of free points and confidence. 

We played awesome in our two doubles matches, finishing up the day on a really positive note! It snowed like 4-5 inches while we were playing and Jamie has been having fun fishtailing in the rental, but so far no snow ball fights have broken out...we'll see how long that lasts. We're looking forward to having another good day tomorrow!

I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,

    Awesome! To you for the win and to Jamie for fishtailing the rental!

    Go Duke! And thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete