Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lighting that FIRE!!

So our trip to National Indoors was pretty successful. We had some ups and downs but we learned a lot and really came together as a team. We had an easy win over Wisconsin 7-0 which was a great start. The courts were really fast, so it took some adjustments from everyone, (some struggled more than others (me)), but after that match we were really fired up for our chance to take on the #1 team in the nation- Northwestern. We got down pretty quick in doubles which was unlike us, but we did a great job of evening things out in the first few singles matches. Everyone battled really hard and before I knew it, I was starting my third set and the score was tied at 3-3. It didn't end well. I lost 7-5 in the third but my team was very supportive and understanding. We were determined to come out the next day with fire and purpose and we took down #4 Baylor, with Ellah closing out a tough third set to give us the W. 

The trip really made us believe that we are one of the best teams in the nation and that we can take down anyone. I just can't wait until two weeks from now when we get another shot at Northwestern. Losing a close match like that gives you a certain toughness and desire to win that you can't get anywhere else. I am so confident in my team and hopefully they will be confident in me if I ever get the opportunity again to close out a match for us. Stay tuned because we this team this season is going all the way!!!

Be back soon...

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment