Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Too Bad Terps

We just completed our last weekend of traveling before ncaas- sooooooooooooo happy!!! I think we were getting a little sick of planes, airports, hotels, and emailing teachers about having to miss more of their classes. Despite these minor issues, we had a wonderful weekend of tennis! We played Maryland on Friday afternoon, and the weather was nice so we were all very glad to be playing outside. I think we had the fastest doubles match I have ever seen in my four years! Amanda and I had the longest match and our score was 8-1. So, needless to say, we had a lot of momentum going into singles. The courts were split up, and I played in between Amanda and Jess, so I did not see what happened with Mallory, Ellah, and Reka, but by the speed and scores of their matches, I assume they played pretty well. Combined, they only lost 9 games. On my left, Amanda made quick work of her opponent and had the support of her family and friends who were able to come watch. On my right, Jess, who also had her dad and aunt behind her, played a few close games in the first set but then pulled away in the second and finished the day up with a nice victory. My match went pretty smoothly and I won 6-1, 6-2. 

I think it was important for us to go out there with a lot of intensity and drive to play like we know we can play, so that we have the confidence needed for the remainder of our season. We have some tough acc matches coming up, so this weekend was great for us to build off of. If anyone is reading this, please come support us this weekend and next weekend for our first acc home matches!!! 

Until next time...

DWT! LET'S GO DUKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment